Saturday, September 15, 2007

Menagerie_2.01

Pivot Point: Binaries Realized

Public / Private, Personal/Political
- I am leaving the public sidewalk and into a
private realm.
- Is emptying my pockets and opening my backpack
an invasion of my privacy?
- Is taking off my jacket, taking off my shoes,
taking off my belt and invasion of my privacy?
- Is having a stranger frisk from underarm to
between my legs an invasion of my privacy?

Inside/Outside
Now that I passed the security check am I now
inside? Or did my entry start when those
three security guards were scrutinizing my
camera and one asked me to turn it off in
"Menagerie_1.2"

Secure/Insecure
If security checkpoints like this one are
for my security . . .then why do they make
me feel more insecure? Perhaps its because
I am treated like the security risk.

No comments: